KUALA LUMPUR (26 March 2019): Meet the two new springtime favorites from Starbucks Malaysia – Matcha Azuki Blossom Crème Frappuccino® and Azuki Blossom Crème Frappuccino® blended beverages – which combines two of the most beloved tastes in Asia: Matcha and Azuki (red bean). For the first time in Malaysia, Starbucks will also be offering Coconut Milk at all its stores nationwide. It joins almond milk and soy milk as customizable milk options for its beverages, which will allow customers to rediscover popular favorites like caramel macchiato in its new coconut milk or almond milk form. All beverages will be available in stores from 26 March 2019 onwards.
· NEW! Azuki Blossom Crème Frappuccino® blended beverages – Frappuccino® lovers can celebrate the return of the cherry blossoms with this decadent beverage. Featuring creamy milk blended with ice and red bean to create an earthy but sweet treat. Topped with Azuki and fluffy whipped cream, with falling petals of white and pink rice blossom petals and tart cranberry bites.
· NEW! Matcha Azuki Blossom Crème Frappuccino® – It gets better for Matcha fans, the new Matcha Azuki Blossom Crème Frappuccino features the creamy and deliciously bright flavors of matcha and savory red bean, topped with pink and white rice puffs and cranberry bits that cascades over the whipped cream and red beans – capturing the season’s fleeting beauty in a cup.
· NEW! Caramel Macchiato (with Almond Milk or Coconut Milk) – The delicious, multi-layered Caramel Macchiato begins with milk steamed until it’s smooth followed by a rich espresso shot poured through the milk foam and finished with a crosshatch of caramel sauce for an oh-so-sweet finish. Adding a twist to the all-time classic, this popular beverage can now be customized with almond milk, or for the first time in Malaysia, coconut milk. The Caramel Macchiato is available hot, iced and blended.
In celebration of the cherry blossom season, Starbucks Malaysia has also planted Artificial Reality (AR) Sakura Trees in all its stores. Leveraging on Facebook’s AR Camera technology, Starbucks brings to life Japan’s famous cherry blossom trees into its stores through three phases: budding, in-bloom and full bloom.
Customers in Malaysia can now witness the exquisite and graceful beauty of the cascading sakura, while sipping on their favorite springtime beverages.
More: StarbucksSpring Merchandise Collection, featuring drinkware and collectables in varied shades of pink, purple and gold hues. HERE:
Additionally, Starbucks Malaysia has also introduced new and returning Starbucks Reserve™ Coffee Beans flown in from around the world. Introducing the new Vietnam Da Lat blend which comes from the beautiful terroir of the Central Highlands of Vietnam. The high-quality Arabica beans grown in an ideal cool and mist-shrouded pine forest brings a medium-bodied trifecta of flavors capturing toffee, kola nuts and cocoa peel. Renew your passion for coffee brewing with new and returning Spring Reserve™ beans:
· New! Kenya Kanguru – A medium-bodied coffee bursting of white flower aromas and zesty lemon-lime notes and a subtle black currant sweetness. The unique growing conditions on the slopes of Mt. Kenya, combined with the care given to the processing of the beans bring us in the words of Ann Traumann, Starbucks Reserve™ coffee buyer, ”perfectly balanced and very good cup.”
· Returning Favorite! Ethiopia Bitta Farm – Grown in the Kaffa Zone of Ethiopia — the birthplace of coffee — the medium-bodied Ethiopia Bitta Farm permeates perfumed jasmine aromas with ginger spice and orange peel accents and has a medium acidity. Having previously featured both the sun-dried and washed coffees from the Ethiopia Bitta Farm, Reserve™ is delighted to feature this coffee farm’s beans for the third year.
· Returning Favorite! Jamaica Blue Mountain – This medium bodied coffee originates from the Jamaican mountainside and grown beneath the peak of the 2,250-meter Blue Ridge. This anticipated returning favorite whole bean coffee is certified to the highest quality which results in a complex cup of floral aromas with layers of citrus flavor and a hint of cocoa.
More: Check out the Artificial Reality (AR) Sakura Tree – leveraging on Facebook’s AR Camera technology, Starbucks brought to life Japan’s famous cherry blossom trees in all Starbucks stores starting from 26 March 2019 onwards. HERE:
Try the classic Caramel Macchiato with almond or coconut milk priced at RM15.50 onwards and sip on the new Matcha Azuki Blossom Crème Frappuccino® and Azuki Blossom Crème Frappuccino® blended beverages which are priced from RM17.50 onwards. The already launched Starbucks Reserve™ Coffee Blends are priced at RM65 onwards. The Spring beverages are available in all stores nationwide from 26 March 2019 while stocks last.
For more information, please visit Starbucks Malaysia website at http://www.starbucks.com.my.